Wondering how to keep the family entertained this holiday season? Come out to Cypress Hills Provincial Park and enjoy all of the fabulous winter activities the park has to offer. Don't have your own equipment? Not a problem, you can rent skates, cross country skis, snowshoes, kicksleds, and GPS units from the Visitor Centre in Elkwater.
Here are just a few ideas you can add to your list:
- Cross Country Ski the Spring Creek Trail system (over 11 km of trails) and then warm up around the woodstove at the Spring Creek Trailhead.
- Snowshoe your way around the Elkwater townsite on Ranger's Trail
- Go ice fishing on Spruce Coulee Reservoir
- Skate your way around the 1.5km skating trail in Old Baldy Campground
- Go tobogganing at the Learning Centre and then warm up inside with a cup of hot chocolate on us!
- Play hockey on the outdoor skating rink on 7th Avenue
- Check out the fun, interactive displays at the Visitor Centre
- Hike to the top of Old Baldy and take in the winter scenery from a great viewpoint!
- Rent a GPS unit from the Visitor Centre and go geocaching around the Elkwater townsite.
- Have a hot dog and marshmallow roast around the fire pit at the Learning Centre
There is loads to explore in Cypress Hills - Stay active this holiday season!